Join us for our Summer Leadership Institute, a series of virtual workshops for local leaders and members to refine their leadership skills as well as to promote participation and initiative in our union! We will still be socially distancing for much of the summer, but with this institute we aim to come together across the state for conversation and learning.
We have a range of different classes, including a training on the new Connect 2.0, information about the para to teacher pipeline and increasing power in your local through building representatives. We also have a series on the role of elected leadership in the union presented by our colleagues at AFT national.
Follow the link and complete the form to register for the webinar. Sign up for one or as many as you'd like! A link to the webinar or video meeting will be emailed to each registered participant a few days before the respective workshop.
- Tuesday, June 23 at 10 am -- Welcome to Connect 2.0
- Tuesday, June 23 at 3 pm - AFT Plus Member Benefit - Identity Theft Protection Webinar
- Thursday, June 25 at 3 pm -- Organizing Conversation 101
- Tuesday, June 30 at 10 am -- Public Employees & Fundraising
- Thursday, July 2 at 3 pm -- Union Power and the Role of the Building Representative
- Tuesday, July 7 at 10 am -- Para to Teacher Pipeline
- Tuesday, July 14 at 10 am -- AFT Plus Member Benefits
- Thursday, July 16 at 3 pm -- Weingarten Rights and Investigatory Meetings
- Tuesday, July 21 at 10 am -- Solving Workplace Problems Through Workplace Action
- Thursday, July 23 at 3 pm -- Identifying Leaders in Your Workplace
- Tuesday, July 28 at 10 am -- Organizing Around Health Care to Strengthen Your Union
- Thursday, July 30 at 3 pm -- Bargaining for the Common Good
- Tuesdays, Aug 4 and 11 at 10 am -- Intro to Grievance Handling (two day workshop)
- Thursday, Aug 6 at 3 pm -- Pay Equity Law and Supporting Women in Your Local
- Thursday Aug. 6 at 7 pm - COVID-19 Health & Safety Training/Town Hall
- Wednesday, August 12 at 10 am - Rocking Back to School
- Thursday, Aug 13 at 3 pm -- Roles and Responsibilities of Local Treasurers
- Tuesday, Aug 18 at 10 am -- Officiating union meetings and parliamentary procedures
- Tuesday, August 18 and Wednesday, August 19 from 9 am to 12 noon - Effective Communications