A Message from President Beth Kontos
- The Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office is offering several webinars specifically geared toward teachers - click here to learn more.
- For more info on the Limited PSLF Waiver, AFT MA members can visit https://www.mass.gov/ago/PSLFWaiver. To sign up for the webinars, they can go to https://www.mass.gov/info-details/accessing-public-service-loan-forgive….
- Summer, an online student loan management platform that is free to AFT members, can also help guide borrowers through applying for the Limited PSLF Waiver. AFT Massachusetts will also hold a debt clinic on October 4 focused on PSLF – click here to register.
2022 Leadership Conference
I’m excited to see many local leaders and fellow members at our 2022 Leadership Conference – October 29 at the Boston Teachers Union Hall! Hear from speakers and attend workshops to build your knowledge as a local union leader and organizer. Learn how other AFT Massachusetts locals are winning strong contracts and other organizing victories. Support our endorsed candidates, including Maura Healey for Governor, to help build a stronger, more inclusive Commonwealth. Work on passing the Fair Share Amendment – Question 1 on the November ballot – to deliver billions of dollars in funding to our public schools by taxing the ultra-rich. Attend the 2022 Leadership Conference, and you’ll leave as a stronger, more confident leader with the tools you need to build union power in your local. Click here and register today!
Repeal WEP and GPO – Stop Penalizing Our Teachers and Public Employees
#AFTVoices Member Spotlight Series
Support Berklee Faculty
Add your voice in support of faculty at Berklee College of Music and Boston Conservatory at Berklee! The faculty of Berklee College of Music are bargaining with administration for a contract to replace the current agreement.
- pay commensurate with our professional achievements, elevated living costs, and impact of inflation
- expanded commitment to accessible, safe, and healthy facilities
- equitable conditions and compensation for all faculty, especially Conservatory faculty
- increased job security for part-time faculty
- adherence to accreditor recommendations on workload