AFT Massachusetts is focused on the health and safetly of our members, communities and students.
On July 13th, AFT Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Teachers Association, and the Boston Teachers Union released a joint set of reopening proposals for the reopening of our public schools. In the same way that the state is taking a deliberate and careful approach to reopening the economy, the state must take an equally deliberate and careful approach to reopening our public schools. We are advocating for a phased reopening that will consist of four separate phases.
We are encouraging each of our locals to participate in the reopening plans being created in your Districts. There should be educator voice in those plans as well as parent and student input.
COVID-19 Resources for AFT Locals
From AFT Massachusetts and the American Federation of Teachers (AFT):
- COVID-19 Resources and Information
- Resources for AFT affiliate leaders
- Public School Reopening Proposals - July 13, 2020
- Protecting Our Members: Negoatiating for Workers Most Vulnerable if Exposed to COVID-19
- Paid Leave for Workers with Child Care Responsibilities Because Their Child's School or Daycare has Closed
- AFT Massachusetts Remote Learning Statement - July 31, 2020
From the Department of Elementary of Secondary Education (DESE):
- DESE's COVID-19 Resources including
- Guidance on Required Safety Supplies for Re-Opening Schools - June 5
- Initial Fall Reopening Guidance - June 25
- Guidance on Fall 2020 Special Education Services - July 9
- Fall Reopening Frequently Asked Questions, as of July 10
- Protocols for responding to COVID-19 scenarios in school, on the bus, or in community settings
- July 17
- Fall Reopening Facilities and Operations Guidance - July 22
- Fall Reopening Transportation Guidance - July 22
- Guidance on Courses Requiring Additioanal Safety Considerations and Remote Learning - July 24
From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):