Help the AFT Massachusetts celebrate the service of an educator, librarian, nurse, or school related-personnel whose leadership has made our union stronger. Nominations are now being accepted for our 2020 Distinguished Service Awards, which recognize substantial contributions made to the development of the union at the state and local levels, from membership building and leadership training to the advancement of political and professional issues important to the union.
Awards will be given in each of the following five categories:
- 2 awards to an educator in the K-12 system, vocational education and school collaboratives
- 2 awards to a member in the public or private higher education system, municipal librarian or nurse
- 2 awards to a school related-personnel member (which includes all non-supervisory, non-certified employees in K-12 and vocational education schools)
- 1 award to a retired AFT Massachusetts member
- 1 award to a member 35 years of age or younger