You must be a member of AFT Massachusetts to receive legal representation from your local union and AFT Massachusetts in:*
- Statutory teacher dismissal cases. Legal representation is provided for members with “professional teacher status” (PTS) facing dismissal.
- Licensure hearings and appeals at Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Unemployment appeals at the Department of Unemployment Assistance.
- Retirement decision appeals at the Division of Administrative Law Appeals.
* For qualified cases and contingent on your local's adoption of the AFT Massachusetts Legal Services Policy. Contact your local president for additional information.