Online via Zoom
Student Debt Clinic for AFT Members in Massachusetts
October 19, 2021 at 4:30 pm via Zoom! Register today: http://go.aft.org/StudentDebtClinicRSVP
As a union, we are fighting to make college affordable and student debt manageable. However, 45 million people in the United States owe $1.6 trillion in student loans.
- Do you or a family member have student loan debt?
- Are you struggling to make monthly payments or worrying about student loans following you throughout your life?
- Are you tired of getting phone calls from loan servicers, or concerned about how to tell scams from genuine help when it comes to debt forgiveness?
AFT Student Debt Clinics provide:
- Information on how to enroll in income-driven student loan repayment programs;
- Help in enrolling in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program;
- Opportunities to interact with members who haven’t been engaged with their union;
- A curriculum that demonstrates the power of our union in improving the lives of AFT members and the people in our communities;
- A resource to help persuade union members to become activists and leaders.
- Additionally, AFT members have access to www.forgivemystudentdebt.org, a resource for those who need to learn the landscape of free and underused federal programsthat help many student loan borrowers lower their monthly payments and, in some cases, even have their debt forgiven.